SLANZA Otago Christmas Merriment
Christmas Elves Bridget and Carole have been up to their old tricks and have planned the following event for us lucky Otago members. I'll let them tell you all about it. I've "bolded" (no it's not a real word) the most important parts.
The Great Christmas Book Quiz Extravaganza!
We plan a quiz night with a literary theme, particularly as it pertains to kids and young adult books. We are suggesting the date of Tuesday 18th December.
This is what we want you to do!
· Ask the kids at your school to submit 5 questions about books that are in your library or likely to be in a school library.
· You also submit 5 questions about books (general bookie questions) – one should be a Who am I?
· The questions will be submitted to the quizmistress – details on that later.
· We want to cater for all levels here – primary, intermediate and secondary
· There will be prizes! There will be nibbles!
· After the quiz we will head out somewhere for dinner
· We will have a load of laughs and a jolly good time
We don’t have a venue yet, and we need an indication of numbers likely to attend before we organise one – feel free to offer your library if you can have drinkies there – we believe drinkies are vital – it will be a BYO event. So we need an idea of numbers ASAP please.
We are looking forward to a night of fun and more than a little mayhem.
Do come and join us – we want you all to come and have a great night with us. You know what we are like, you will have an awesome time! If you have suggestions we welcome them. And you will know the answers to at least 10 of the questions!
RSVP: Carole: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com As soon as you can!
Yours in a suitably Xmassy fashion i.e. with our bells on!
Bridget and Carole