We are very excited to be able to offer our members a fantastic study opportunity with the Open Polytechnic of New Zealand. As you know, SLANZA is strongly committed to raising the professional standing of School Library staff through ongoing PD and professional qualification opportunities. SLANZA and the OPNZ are very pleased to confirm that following the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between our two organisations, a fee free offer has been arranged for current SLANZA members studying the Certificate in Literature and Library Services for Children and Young People.
SLANZA is very grateful to OPNZ for their willingness to make this initial opportunity possible, and their commitment to ongoing collaboration. Members looking at study or already working towards these qualifications will be aware what incredible value this offers in the study fee saving.
Who is eligible
This fee free offer is available to SLANZA members taking either of two courses in the OPNZ OP6273 Certificate in Literature and Library Services for Children and Young People (Level 6):
- 72276: Literature and Information Resources for Children and Young People
- 72277: Library Services for Children and Young People
Note that the OPNZ $60 annual administration fee cannot be waived. It is also important to note that SLANZA members who wish to take up this offer must have either completed the Diploma in Information & Library Studies (Level 5) with OPNZ already, or alternatively, have completed the four prerequisite courses that apply to this certificate. Information on these prerequisites can be found under the ‘entry requirements’ tab of the certificate on the Open Polytechnic website.
How to take up this offer
- Your SLANZA membership subscription must be paid in full. If you are not sure of your membership status, please contact the SLANZA Admin Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your regional representative on the National Executive
- Check that you meet the OPNZ’s prerequisite requirements for the certificate
- Enrol online via the OPNZ website here.
- At the payment section, use contract code 0663 to receive the fee-free offer. OPNZ will verify SLANZA membership before approving course entry.
In Trimester 3 this year OPNZ offers 72276: Literature and Information Resources for Children and Young People. Enrolments close for Trimester 3 on 23 October 2016. Both courses are also offered in 2017.
We strongly encourage our members to take advantage of this offer now.
Any questions? Please contact Jan Irvine:
Phone: 0508 650200, extension 5594
PD Team Leader