We know from our website statistics that visitors to our site are most often looking for the latest SLANZA news, and for resources they can use - especially the latest issue of Collected magazine. So the major changes to our home page are:
- links to featured content; these will be regularly updated as pages are added or updated on the site;
- a listing of our latest news headlines, from the main SLANZA blog;
- a new menu which better reflects how we see readers using the site, with sub-menus to help you quickly find the content you’re looking for.
The platform we are using is cloud-based, making it possible for the first time for National Executive members to each take a more proactive role in sharing information related to the work their team is doing. The redesign has also given us the opportunity to refresh the look of the website, and include some new material that we haven’t previously published i.e. the timeline (still a work in progress!)
How to make the most of the new site
- Subscribe to the latest SLANZA news - you can grab the RSS feed for your reader, or get updates via email. Links are in the sidebar of this News page →
- Keep up to date with your local SLANZA news via your region’s page.
- To access members only information, join the Virtual Learning Network. We’re delighted that Ross Todd has allowed us share resources from his excellent Evidence Based Practice seminars through our VLN group. More information is available on our website here.
- Leave a comment on the blog, or use the Contact form to give us your feedback about any of the material or content posted on the site
If you encounter any problems with the new site, please let us know. If you’re not seeing the latest version, you may need to clear your browser’s cache and reload the page.
We’ve done our best to get everything running smoothly, but some things may take a little time to be fully functional (e.g. indexing the new site for search). If you have bookmarked pages within the old site, please take a moment to update these as necessary.
And if you have ideas for content you’d like to see on the site, we’d love to hear them!