We announced that it was coming - and now its here!
Today we launch our latest SLANZA product
We have made a new website which is purely about reading. It is a replacement website for the SLANZA Collaborative Wiki which we made for you a few years ago. That wiki has reached the end of its functional life and we have been working away for about 6 months to make a new SLANZA branded website to replace it and which will be linked to our regular SLANZA website so that you can find it easily.
You will notice features which make it easy for you to add suggestions to the booklists. Our highly trained team will add your suggestions to the existing lists from time to time.
You can find it at reading.slanza.org.nz
- We will accept books for the lists which have been published in the last 5 years and which schools are likely to have in their libraries.
- We are making lists which we think will be used, we recognise that not every list from the old wiki has been copied onto the new website, but we hope that we have added the ones that you are most likely to need.
- As the curriculum changes and standards in secondary school are adjusted you will find the website grows and changes and hopefully responds to your needs.
Regular users of the wiki need to note a couple of things:
- The new site is primarily for reading lists.
- The Wetpaint wiki we have been using will be discontinued at the end of Term 1.
- We know from our site statistics that the wiki's most viewed pages are the reading lists but we are aware that some people may still be using links from the wiki to external sites. If you regularly use links from the wiki, we advise you to save them to your bookmarks (or whatever curation system you use). This new site will include links to reading-related research and resources only.